Thursday 6 September 2012

Sweet

The current Twinchie challenge is "autumn". I used a Kanban stamp coloured with Copics and some punched leaves out of Basic Grey scraps, with the obligatory Stickles in copper.


While the Stickles was drying, I put together this card from the latest Sketch Saturday sketch. I wanted the card background to frame the Twinchie, but instead of cutting out an extra piece, I decided to experiment with cutting windows out of the patterned paper backgrounds instead. I know, I never make things easy for myself, do I?! But I think it looks a bit different. I rather like it. 

The Basic Grey paper is from the Bittersweet range (brown) and Green at Heart (the pink background), the pink tag from another BG scrap, and teeny scraps from Eskimo Kisses for the punched leaves - and their challenge this week is punches. Cute Card Thursday's challenge is also "autumn", Charisma Cardz wants "double", and Simon Says Stamp is asking for a stamp.


 Here's a simpler card for Less Is More's "pink and brown" challenge - almost my favourite colour combination. If Basic Grey can't see the small punches on the other card, then they can use this one as my entry!


ETA: Apparently Twinchies have to be square. D'oh! OK, off to try again....

13 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely Autumn twinchie, the little birds are sooo sweet. Looks great on the card, fab layout with the scrapbooking papers.
Pretty LIM card too, lovely colour combo. xx

Squirrel x said...

Both gorgeous hun, the twinchie would make for a lovely anniversary card, and your LIM is fabulous. Hugs, definitely-a-nip-in-the-air Squirrel xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful round Twinchie with the cute little birds ! Love the tiny little leaves you added. Both cards are beautiful. Shirley

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and all the little details you were able to incorporate on your twinchie!

Sarah J Moerman said...

P.S. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge! :)

Eileen said...

Yoohoo .. Lovin this Twinchie... but your entry needs to be square!! Yeah, I know we are a boring lot ... lol lol lol So your entry will be deleted ... Sorry... Make another ... GO ON yer know you want to!!
Eileen xx

Chrissie said...

Your LIM card is so pretty Squirrel... all the components look so delicate!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Heather said...

Hi Rosey, I did prefer your Weather forecasts better from Singapore or Australia - UK does seem so depressing!!!
Your cards are gorgeous, I love that pale BG papers - I would like a whole back of the some one ???
your image is adorable and brilliantly coloured.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining our Basic Grey challenge.

Mandi said...

Really pretty and delicate
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Deb said...

your cards are just beautiful!

Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Have a great weekend ♥Debxx

Flutterby Trina said...

Beautiful!!! I love your take on our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz, Thank you for joining us with our 'seeing double' challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon! x

Kathy Norman said...

Cutie, cutie... great ideas

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, love your image and layout, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x