Thursday 8 August 2013

Karate kid

DH's godsons are both into karate or taekwondo or some such kicky thing with white pyjamas and coloured belts. The older one is 12 this weekend, and we were only talking to him last week about it, and I still had to ask my DH today what colour belt he wore, for the card I was making him. I thought he would know, but he had to e-mail the boys' dad and ask! I'm so glad it isn't only me who doesn't listen properly to things that don't mean anything to me!

It turned out to be red. And then the next one is yellow. And that colour scheme doesn't match any of the styles we're familiar with so we had to look it up and it must be Shukokai Karate. I won't remember that next year either...

Anyway, it's for these challenges:
Sketch Saturday with this sketch that I have changed so completely that they may well disqualify me.


And the reason I've mangled it, is to fit into Stampin' for the Weekend's theme of no squares or rectangles. Cute Card Thursday's challenge is dies and punches, and there are both on this card. Charisma Cardz want stitching, which was also on the sketch (handy, otherwise I'd have forgotten that too).

I spent most of this afternoon trying to follow on-line directions on exactly how to tie a karate belt. Backwards. With slippery ribbon. And that is why this card took SO LONG but is ultimately so underwhelming. I think it will be appreciated though. He's a dear kid who has been taught to notice things.


Well? See the ribbon, tied in a proper, genuine karate knot? See it? That's OK then. In that case, it was worth it.

6 comments:

Holly Young said...

too cute for words!!!!!

Julie said...

Cute card!

So pleased you could join us at Stampin' For The Weekend for our Shape It Up challenge!

Hugs

Julie x

Tanya Ham said...

You are so funny! What a great card, hope he notices all the little details! :)

Eemeli said...

Fabulous one. He is looking very cute. Thanks for joining our "Stitching" challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Gram's Treasures said...

Super cute and such a sweet image! Thanks for playing along this week at Charisma....hope to see you next time too!
Joyce

Gem said...

lovely creation! Thanks for joining in our Stitching challenge at Charisma this week! Gemma :)