Monday 24 May 2010

House Mouse!

This stamp has to be one of the cutest I've ever seen! It's a House Mouse image of Amanda lifting Monica up to blow out a candle, and DH and I chose it in my birthday spending spree.

As usual I've left things to the last minute with my challenges - I may have missed the House Mouse deadline, but I've done my best. I was in bed with a migraine most of Saturday, and out yesterday buying gifts to take back to the UK next week. I had a wine-tasting and DH had a coffee-tasting which I never heard of before. We both did the chocolate-tasting - I love the Swan Valley!

We also spent time in Bunnings, the DIY store here, getting materials to make up a board to go behind my craft desk to protect the cream walls of our rented house. I now have a cork/white board. How cool is this? Thanks DH!


So on to the card. Isn't that adorable? Hehee.
The background is swiss dots embossed with my Cuttlebug. The papers are all scraps, including the hearts, and the sentiment is computer printed. The image is coloured with Copics. I'm entering it into these challenges:

Colour Create with this photo as inspiration:
House Mouse with a House Mouse stamp and distressing
Charisma Cardz with 3D - the card is embossed and the image and the sentiment are up on foam.
Stampin' for the Weekend with a card to make someone smile (who can look at that image and not smile?) and finally
Cute Card Thursday with this sketch:
And now that I've entered the House Mouse Challenge, I can also enter Lorraine's blog candy - click on that big red heart in my side bar for more info.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh Rosey, I hope you are feeling better Migraines are the worst uggg! I think I died a little when you said the words "chocolate tasting" I have been dieing for some chocolate covered strawberries. I'm either going to make some or order them this weekend to treat myself. It has been a rough last couple days.

I'm so jealous of your scrap space, it's so neat and orderly! I agree with you about the house mouse stamp, it's beyond precious! XOXO

Mummylade said...

lovely card and fab image. So glad you joined SFTW this time and good luck.

Mina said...

oh yuck migraines I hate them...stunning card and I love the image...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Deb said...

your board is fabulous, I think I need one! gorgeous card too, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Nancy said...

What a cute card:O) Love the adorable image, too cute. Pretty colours and papers.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Di said...

Fab card love your image and papers!
Thanks for joining Colour Create
Hugs Di xxx
p.s i wonder if your crafting desk will stay this tidy!!??