Friday 4 November 2011

Scrap Whispers Challenge #105 - Colour

Good morning everyone!

Well that was a dramatic start to the day for me: half an hour before the alarm went off, I drifted to consciousness to the whooshing crescendo of a vigorous rain-storm as it raced across the city before crashing against my bedroom window with tropical force. I drifted off again to the white noise, but before long there was a mighty crash of thunder and that was it. I was awake and up. I won't have to water my marigolds and pansies today - if there is anything left of them.

The jacaranda trees are just loving this weather, and as Australians love jacarandas, our whole neighbourhood is purple upon purple at this time of year. Just beautiful. We have one on the boundary between our house and next door, too large to get a good photo, but look at this from just up the road. Stunning, isn't it?


At Scrap Whispers this week we must have Western Australia on our minds, because our colour challenge is:
BLUE
WHITE 
PURPLE
How about that?

I indulged. Mostly I try to match my embellishments to my subject, which means I don't get much use out of these trendy bird-cages or steam-punk, but occasionally I allow myself to have a flower'n'flourish fest and just go pretty. This truly beautiful photo that I took of our niece who is now 8, deserved the indulgent treatment. Bless her, what a darling kiddie she is.  

 
If anyone wants to know what I used or how I did things, then please ask. There is far too much on there to list and keep you awake.

Now, you'll have noticed that it's November. That means that October's winner has been announced, and she is on my team! Go Chelsey! And there is a new prize for November. Georgina is working her way through the entire Echo Park collection range I think - you lucky, lucky people. Here is what you could win this month:


My mouth is watering. Isn't it pretty? Do you want a try at winning it? If you enter any of the challenges at Scrap Whispers during November, each separate entry will get you a chance of winning. You can be anywhere in the world. You can enter as many times as you like. You don't have to be also playing our main Scrap Whispers game - although if you get bitten by the scrap-lifting bug then you can sign up any time to play the next game which will start in the New Year. Pop over to the Scrap Whispers blog for more info, and to enter this challenge - and tell all your scrappy friends!

Good luck and have fun!

2 comments:

Georgina said...

oh that tree is to die for!

Mary Jo said...

A lovely LO for a truly lovely young lady! You found the perfect shade of purple to use with your photo. Beautiful job Rosey.