Sunday 7 March 2010

All dressed up

There's a fun and easy challenge at Scrap Whispers this week: "all dressed up" - pretty your page with bows, sparkles - dress it up, maybe scrap photos of you in your Sunday best. If you have children then this will be a breeze.

Except for Christmas which I already scrapped, I couldn't actually remember when we last dressed up! Then it came to me - the day of the two weddings last November. My friend Jenny, the mother of the bride at the Hindu wedding, sent me some really beautiful photos taken by the professional photographer. We were just dressed up, but those vividly dramatic outfits worn by the Indian women were so very bright and colourful that they had to be immortalised!


I bought this peridot green glitter-covered card a while back. I didn't have any use in mind for it, and I knew that it would be a royal nuisance to use because nothing sticks to glitter, and you can't cut it without destroying your blade. But the colour went right through my eyes into my brain, and soothed a sore spot inside me that I hadn't realised I had. Crazy chick that I am, I literally stood there in the shop just drinking it in and feeling good! Then into the basket it went.

It was completely perfect for this LO, but oh boy I was right about it being a pig to work with. I'm not going to go into how I got that pocket attached to it, but it was NOT easy. I stamped the orange writing paper with gold to mimic the stunning design on the sari of the lady sitting in the middle of the photo. The gold ribbon is not only another Indian touch, but it covers more attaching evidence.

So do the flowers. They were punched (EK Success punches) and attached individually to look like the garlands of fresh flowers hanging around the bride's and groom's necks. I created my version of the gold dangling jewellery on the bride's head (which I never could remember the word for, and so became rechristened a "doo-dah" much to Jenny's amusement) and hung it from the end of my garland. This also served to hide the ugly piles of grey chairs behind us.

The title was cut using my Silhouette, and finally behind the orange paper there is a pocket which contains the invitation. You can just see the gold thread sticking up above the orange.

No more credits, unless you count the multiple hidden brads and tape, nails, bolts and industrial-strength super-glue... ;-)

No comments: