Wednesday 31 March 2010

Scrap for a Cure

I should have posted this last week, but I've been kind of busy, so apologies to Becky for missing the opportunity to advertise for her. As it happens, she had over 100 people attend, so I don't think my uselessness was missed.

I'm talking about Scrap for a Cure which Becky set up in Illinois, USA in 2006 to raise money for the American Diabetes Association, in memory of her mother. She had just a few people attend to begin with but the numbers grew and this year was a record. There were prizes, food, lots of chat and I think a little crafting went on too! And this year she was kind enough to arrange some "cyber-challenges" on her site for those of us who live too far away to travel there.

I only managed one LO but it covered lots of the challenges, which I was assured was NOT cheating! The photos will look familiar (they're all I have at the moment) and my photo of the LO is rubbish because it was late and the light was bad when I took it.


The challenges I entered were:
- use card-stock only
- orange and bling
- doodle
- stamp something
- movie title

I used only black card-stock with some DCWV blue, some ribbon and rik-rak from my stash, my beloved date stamp, a gold marker and my gold Stickles.

I was going to go for a partner for it, using more photos from the day and entering some of the other challenges, but I ran out of time and steam. Seriously, if you want a REAL challenge, try packing the bare minimum of stuff into a box: black/brown/white/silver/gold markers/Stickles/ink, the dregs from a pack of card-stock and a collection pack (the leftover colours) and see how you get on. No lettering and only some ribbon, 1 pack of small metallic brads and a small pack of flowers. That's it. You're not allowed even to LOOK at the rest of your stash. Go on, I dare you!

I'm working on cards today and my mojo is a little bouncier than it was. We hope to move into our house next week, so once we're settled, it should be back to business as usual.

No comments: