Tuesday 27 April 2010

Bugs and butterflies

Today's card challenges were fun! I did my usual thing of making a couple of cards and liking them so much that I made a few more. That's good, because my supply got depleted while my stash was in transit. It feels good to have a few spares again.

I am still completely in love with Basic Grey's Wisteria collection, although my 6"x6" pack and rub-ons are getting low - now that's the sign of a good collection. Basic Grey Challenges want us to use blue, gold and white this week, Simon Says Challenge are asking for "things with wings", A Spoon Full of Sugar suggest 3D, and I've used Cute Card Thursday's sketch:

to create these:



I steered clear of flowers on purpose, because I wanted something suitable for blokes. I think these will do. The edges are inked with Colorbox peacock gold which looks blue, but when you turn it to the light it's gold - really pretty and it goes perfectly with Wisteria. The oval is cut with the Cuttlebug and the star brads came from Spotlight.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

These cards are lovely, Rosey. Perfect for blokeies (if thats even a word :).)

Kel x

Michelle said...

I want to start using the word blokes in my everyday life.

oh, and I love your cards