Sunday 25 April 2010

Scrap Whispers challenge - Can't smile without you

OK, OK I know I've got that song stuck in your heads for the rest of the day now. I'm not apologising, because I've been singing it for months, every time I look at this LO! Your mission, should you also choose to have the song going round your head forever ;-) is to create a LO based on the song title. You don't have to use the title as your title, but the sentiment must be there somewhere.

I actually had a lot of fun making this one, and it didn't take long. I was stuck for lettering, and being on my no-buy challenge still (is it ever going to end {sigh}?) I cut these letters out myself. Quite pleased with that, though I say it myself! But there was no way I was going to cut out the whole thing, so my Kaiser Craft journalling stamps were once again "pressed" (geddit?) into service, and the smile was drawn instead. The rest of it was torn from various scraps including Bo Bunny and more Kaiser Craft, with a Basic Grey background and Cuttlebug arrows coloured with Copics.

By the way, the subject of this LO is Spank the car monkey. He was a birthday present to DH from my BFF A last year, and his enormous smile kept DH from major road rage during the crazy Singapore rush hours. You just can't be furious when you've got that grin in front of you.


OK, that was my effort at this challenge. Now see what you can do? I'll be stalking the Scrap Whispers Gallery for your entries...

No comments: