Friday 30 July 2010

Scrap Whispers challenge #70 - card for all occasions

This is the last Scrap Whispers challenge before the new game starts on August the 5th! I tell you, this one got me. To start with I thought it would be easy. It's a card, right? I can make cards, no problem. But for ALL occasions? That's a poser.

So it has to be suitable for a woman (easy!) a man (not so easy - no flowers, frills, pink, lace or mushy sentiments), a boy (as for men but also nothing "adult") or a girl (preferably pink, frills, lace and cute {sigh}), or a baby (oh man, more lace and frills). Then there are all the holidays to think about: Easter (yellow & flowers), Christmas (red and green), Valentines (red) etc. And then the other occasions: birthdays, thank you, get well, sympathy, wedding/engagement.

I couldn't do it. I couldn't think of ANYTHING that was suitable for a baby AND Valentine's Day, a wedding AND Christmas AND sympathy. Nope. Something had to go, and I chose Christmas. I think my card would just about get away with any of the others...


Thank goodness I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

This is made from free papers from a magazine from last year. The circles and scallops are QuicKutz dies cut with my Cuttlebug, and the owl stamp is Catslife Press. The ribbon is from my stash.

No comments: