Saturday 28 August 2010

Scrap Whispers challenge #74 - strips

No, not that kind of strips - get your minds out of the gutter!

We're talking about the scraps here. Those edges of paper that you get left over from pretty much every LO. This is about using them up so that they still look pretty, functional and creative. Also strips of ribbon and lines of stamping: in fact anything linear. That's a good challenge, right?


That has to be the most unflattering photo I ever took of myself, but it isn't a bad idea to record that kind of thing. Maybe one day I'll look back and think "hmm... pretty good for her age...." Who knows?! I recall that I'd just washed my hair, and I'm all hot and shiny with no make-up, but I honestly can't remember why I took it now! I've used scraps, a Martha Stewart border punch and three American Crafts brads for this page. That's all. And the black background paper came from inside a pack of page protectors. Now that's SCRAP booking - my frugal Grandma would be proud of me. Hehee.

Our DT is a little depleted this week with Nilsa with the flu and Leah with her new baby, but the show goes on. So head over to Scrap Whispers and post your "strips" page to be in with a chance of winning a great prize!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

You have such good ideas! I love how you weaved those strips. What a gorgeous page and picture of you, well done!

Tamara said...

Love that LO!!