Friday 3 December 2010

Treat box

A few weeks ago, the corner bookmarks which I made for the September Scrap Whispers blog hop were noticed by my prayer group. They thought they were a wonderful idea, and I offered to make some for them.

I made a set of four for our organist - then gave them to her before I remembered to take photos of them - gah! They were made from the Kraft paper so generously sent to me by Glenda in Tasmania, and some pretty cream and brown Bo Bunny paper with music staves on, all inked in brown. I wanted each to be labelled with the four readings: Old and New Testament, Psalm and Gospel, but I only had scraps of Kraft left so I couldn't run them through the printer, and you're not exactly going to find stamps with those labels on, in your LSS.

I suddenly remembered another tip from Glenda, about using the printer to create "rub-ons". You create your labels on the computer (I used WordArt) and then reverse the image so that the text reads backwards. Print it (normal quality, not best, because that smudges) onto acetate, very carefully lay it wet side down onto the paper, then without moving the acetate, rub over the back of the image using the stick that comes with rub-on kits. It worked! It wasn't as crisp as printing or a rub-on, but the slightly blurred edges looked just right on the inked papers. And of course you can use any colour your printer will print. Yay Glenda!

So I made another batch for another lady in the prayer group, and this time I took pictures.

Creative Card Crew's challenge this fortnight is a different one. They are challenging us to create a treat box or goodie bag. Perfect for giving my bookmarks out in! I used my Silhouette's pillow box cutting file, which I'd never tried before - and it looks fantastic! I'm definitely going to be making more of these. And once I'd got the Silhouette attached, I tried out one of their tags as well. And made a bunch of those. Hehee! This crafty stuff is addictive!

My final creation fits in perfectly with Bizzy Bec's Store Blog challenge which this month is simply Christmas.

And here it is:



The paper is Bo Bunny, and the card-stock is by Heidi Grace. The ribbon is from Stampin' Up!

3 comments:

Georgina said...

Okay Rosey - you are seriously rocking this crafty thing you know! LOL

Bec said...

Just gorgeous.. thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs. Bec

Caroline said...

Great boxes!! Thanks for joining in with the Creative Card Crew.
Caroline x