Tuesday 21 September 2010

Scrap Whispers Blog Hop

Yes, it's the 15th again (almost the 16th now for me and my Aussie friends) and that means the Scrap Whispers Blog Hop!

The rules are simple. If you've come here direct, then go back to Scrap Whispers to start, and see Nilsa's delightfully fun and simple tutorial for making a corner bookmark. Link your version to the Scrap Whispers blog, and hop through all the DT members' blogs, leaving a comment on each.

Your order should be:
Scrap Whispers
Rosey (here!)
Kelly
Leah
Helen
Nilsa
Georgina

And here's what you'll be making. I was thinking of them as a gift, not for myself at all, but then I had this idea of creating a set for my Bible. I used the Kraft card-stock that Glenda so kindly sent me, and a combination of SEI and Kaisercraft scraps. The sentiments are stickers from Creative Memories, the little stamp is from Tim Holtz, and the only other things are my corner rounder and lots of inking. So simple and satisfying to make, and nearly all out of scraps.


You have to use flat embellishments, because anything bulky will mark the paper, especially the very thin paper of a Bible. With hind-sight, before I stuck the paper to the card-stock, I would have added ribbons sticking out of the tops, and join the ribbons together and glue the other ends into the spine to keep them together. You can learn from my mistake!

This is my elderly, battered, faded Bible with all its mismatched, yellowed bookmarks.

And with my new bookmarks. An improvement, don't you think?

And now it's your turn. Go to Kelly's blog next, then have a quick peak through the other blogs first and get some ideas, then show us what you can do. Have fun!

5 comments:

Nilsa said...

Love your bookmarks... those stamps are so cute and perfect for your bible! TFS Nilsa

Tracee said...

Those are really nice x

Kimberly said...

Oh Rosey, I love them! I can't wait to make some of my own!

"Kreative Karma" said...

LOVE These!!!!

Angela Toucan said...

gorgeous bookmarks