Friday 28 October 2011

In Perth with the Queen

I flew to Perth from the UK last week, for the last time. Our next flight from Perth to the UK will be a one-way ticket, and we'll be moving into our lovely little house again. It looks big in this photo, but it really isn't.


As well as having two delightful men in to decorate the hall, stairs and landing, and paint the outside of the house, I've got four rooms completed myself in my month of hard work. That means that next year, during the estimated four to six weeks it will take for our furniture to be shipped over, I'll have only two rooms to finish and four carpets to get replaced. The end is in sight, and for the first time in our six and a half years away I am thinking about our home with a warm, happy feeling, instead of that nasty pang of cold dread. I had no idea how heavily the worry has weighed upon me until it had dissipated.

That's why I haven't been blogging, or scrapping, or card-making. Well I did knock together one small card for my cousin's birthday, but it was hard work sitting on the picnic box with a book shelf across my knees and very little in the way of supplies. She nearly got something fashioned out of wall-paper and paint!

Back in Oz, and the Queen has arrived too. She has been visiting Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne and is finishing her tour with Perth to open the Commonwealth Head of Government meeting (CHoGM) and then attend a sausage sizzle with 100,000 of the Perth public. How exciting! She is amazing for 85.

Meanwhile the Scrap Whispers game has started (I should have told you about that, shouldn't I? Sorry!) and the weekly challenges are going strong. Have a peek over there to see what we're up to? The next challenge is our Blog Hop, today at 3pm UK time, so stand by for a brilliant tutorial from Georgina!

1 comment:

Squirrel x said...

Wow hun, it all sounds very exciting, but scary at the same time! It'll be good to have you in the same time and weather zones! Only the Australians could invite the Queen to a Sausage Sizzle, lol! Hugs, heading into winter Squirrel xxx