Friday 24 February 2012

Scrap Whispers Challenge #121 - paper tearing

How about that for a good challenge at Scrap Whispers this week? Paper tearing. That has so much scope.

As soon as I found this paper in McLaren Vale in South Australia on our wine trip, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I drew the circle with a wet paint brush and let it soak in for a few minutes before I started tearing, and that stopped the tear from straying outside the line I wanted. It also made the paper nice and damp so that it curled nicely. Mostly!

The grape stamped images were actually coloured in with Copic markers as well, because I just couldn't get the coverage on the textured card-stock that I wanted. I added white highlights and Glossy Accents and raised them up on foam tape. The receipt is photocopied and matted on the same toning card-stock, and slides behind the photos. I added eyelets to the Barossa Valley which was cut from a sheet of locations in South Australia. I love how the circles echo the shapes in the beautiful building.


Hop on over to Scrap Whispers and show us what you can do. And a personal note from me, PLEASE can you switch off your word verification? Blogger has updated it, and I'll be honest, I can't work out what it's saying half the time - and there's nothing wrong with my eyesight! If the DT can't read the word verification, then I'm afraid our comments won't appear on your blogs. And that would be a shame, when we've gone to the effort of typing them in for you. Besides, unless you get hundreds of spam comments, it's much nicer to moderate personally. Thank you for your consideration!

1 comment:

Tam said...

Great LO! The paper is perfect and i like the grapes!