Tuesday 8 January 2013

Last supper

Creative Scrappers always publishes beautiful sketches for us to play with, and their first sketch of 2013 is no exception.

I've stuck fairly rigidly to it because I love it just the way it is. My LO is about one of the dear friends to whom we had to say goodbye when we left Australia.

My Bo Bunny Apple Cider 6"x6" paper pack matched the small amounts of colour in the photos perfectly, without making it look autumny. Because it isn't autumn at all, it's March and still high summer in Australia.


While I'm here, I'd also like to show you a winter birthday card. I had a play with sponging, which I'm not 100% happy with yet. Maybe I need to invest in some fancy sponges rather than using make-up sponges. I think I'm managing better with masking than I usually do though. You can't tell from the photo, but I stamped and inked straight onto the card without making a mess! The black frame has been cut out and stuck on around it purely so that the bottom of the stamp has some definition. I'm just realising even as I type that could have done that so much more easily if I'd just stamped the image onto a difference piece of card and matted it on the black - what a dunce!

I'm entering it into these challenges:
CASology: winter
Charisma Cardz: monochrome
Creative Card Crew: snow and ice (see the Stickles?)
Less Is More: black, white and a dash of colour (I hope there isn't too much)
Stampavie: blue and white


15 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Great page layout hun - I saw the sketch and thought hmmmmm, but it looks fantastic made up. Love your winter card too, hope it's not a forecast card. Big hugs, In-Need-Of-Sunshine (before I get ricketts)-Squirrel xxxx

Jen Nelson said...

fab scene... and i love the blue

Thanks for Joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Meghan said...

This is the quintessential winter card. Love that you made it a birthday card too!

Linda said...

Love your wintery looking card, and fab page layout too, love the bright colours. xx

Maureen Merritt said...

What a gorgeous scene you have created here! Thanks for sharing it with us at CASology!

Ardyth said...

Don't you just love when you figure out an easier way after you've finished? Happens to me ALL THE TIME! lol! Love the bold black definition and I like the effect of your sponging - you can try different sponges for different effects, for sure! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Sheryl said...

A classy pretty card.
Good to have you join us at Charisma Cardz this week. Look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Chrissie said...

This is a really tranquil little scene Squirrel!
Super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Judy1223 said...

Your story made me chuckle...hindsight is 20/20, isn't it?! No matter how you did it, the effect is gorgeous! I love that pretty wintry scene...thanks for playing along at CASology!

Kathyk said...

Love your less is more entry and other projects. Your temperature shows 5°c warmer in your part of Bristol than mine! (at 3pm)

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Love the blue

Sheel
X

Unknown said...

Love your blue and white card it`s so elegant :-)
Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More, cheers Karin

Jen W. said...

Such a gorgeous moonlit scene! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

what a lovely scene... it just says "winter" perfectly! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Scrap Your Story said...

GREAT layout! I LOOOVE the journaling! :) If you have a chance check out the new scrapbooking blog starting up. Your layouts would be a great fit for the coming challenges and you might enjoy the inspiration!! :) :) ScrapYourStory.blogspot.com :) :) :)