Saturday 8 August 2009

Ain't no sunshine

I've been working really hard this past week on fun creations. BUT I can't show you yet because one is for the main Scrap Whispers Challenge, and another is potentially for publication.

However I can show you this week's Scrap Whispers Challenge #39: to use mis-matched lettering on a LO. No challenge there for me as I have quite a lot of lettering packs! As nearly all my lettering is in brown, black or white (goes with everything, saves buying packs to match, right? I'm too frugal for my own good at times HAHA!) there was no difficulty choosing my colour scheme. :-)

And as DH went away yesterday to Indonesia for "10 days' work" (multiplied by 3 will give a closer estimate) I chose the subject closest to my heart at the moment. I miss him. I know we've been married for 10 years and together for 14 and a half, but I still miss him when he has to go away. Thankfully it doesn't happen nearly so often now as it used to.


It will take me a few nights to get used to sleeping alone. So if the next LO is about sleepless nights, you have been warned!

P.S. Still no word on the Texas ScrapFest prizes. I suppose they're all still recovering from what had to be a hectic and fun weekend. Also, and this is odd, my prize from Scrap Whispers Challenges #32/33 on June 28th still hasn't arrived. There's nothing whatsoever I can do about it, but after 6 weeks I've passed from the twitching stage to frustrated mail-drop-watching. Next will come the state of resignation like when my birthday present from my Mum never turned up, but I'm still hoping. It was a lovely kit, all reds and pale blues. Maybe there's a postal worker somewhere out there who scrap-books too...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh Rosey, I really hope those ten days dont turn into x3 and I hope they fly by. A beautiful layout. And I love your title!

BTW: I have tried to randomly play my playlist but I cant seem to get it to work. It doesnt play on my blog and I was going to get rid of it but nice to know it still plays even if I cant hear it.. :) I'll keep trying.