Sunday 2 August 2009

Texas Scrapfest '09

Some of my friends on ScrapJazz are getting together this weekend for a 3 day crop, in memory of the little daughter of one of the Jazzers. Teegan Wynn O'Neal was 3 months short of her 3rd birthday when she went to bed with a slight cold. She never woke up, and was found to be a victim of RSV, a respiratory virus that hits suddenly and fatally. The Texas Scrapfest '09 is to raise money for RSV awareness.

Obviously I can't be there, but there are loads of fun challenges which can be submitted until close of play Sunday, and I'm having a go at my first cyber-crop! Yesterday I created 2 LOs - a record for me - and I have a double page LO to do today if I get time.

Here they are so far. The first LO challenge as to scrap a celebration of some kind, using flowers, scallops and circles. I used DH's birthday meal in Chinatown at the Porridge King. I tried out my new pearl alcohol ink, which (you'll have to trust me on this) looks far more effective in the flesh than in the photo.


The second LO challenge is to scrap baby photos, using stripes, ribbon and at least 2 patterned papers. I used our little niece's photo from her first Christmas. It's been sitting on our bookshelf gathering dust and fading for years. Well she's 6 now! So it and a few others came off the shelf and are going to be scrapped to stop them from deteriorating further. I used my new Raspberry liquid pearls for this one, as well as one of the giant Petaloo flowers from my ScrapJazz prize in the spring. The luscious ribbon is from a gift bag I was given and have been saving for several years. Our niece's favourite things at that age were butterflies, so they had to feature too.


I really like both of these. I'm getting quicker at putting pages together - and about time too, after nearly a year and a half. More Scrapfesting later...

No comments: