Wednesday 26 August 2009

Scrap Whispers Big Reveal!

This is what we've all been waiting for: the Scrap Whispers Big Reveal! If you follow the link, you can see how it changes until you wouldn't have thought it was the same LO, by the time it's been through 6 or 7 people in each team.

Here is the original LO by Georgina, which of course I didn't see:


I was the 7th and last team member, and by the time it had got to me, it had changed to this, by Kelly:


I kept fairly close to Kelly's LO, but I made the photos bigger and changed the placement of the journalling spot. Here's mine:


It's about when DH and I took my Mum and my brother to the Singapore Botanic Gardens, and there was a sudden thunderstorm. We sat in the Ginger Tea Rooms and had English High Tea with cream and ginger jam (!) while the elements battled all around us, making my slightly awed family realise that I hadn't been exaggerating about the dramatic tropical weather. We were given plastic macs on our way out, and my umbrella-hating DH put his on in disgust, only half joking about not wanting his photo taken. Of course, that only made me tease him more. Hee hee! He's a good sport.

The journalling spot is supposed to bring to mind the enormous Victoria lily pads which curl at the edges. They grow in with the lotus flowers on the Botanic Garden lakes. The papers are all My Mind's Eye, with ribbon from my LSS, Making Memories eyelets and 7 Gypsies brads. The title was cut using my Silhouette and a heavy dose of Diamond Stickles was added wherever I could find a place for it! The thought bubbles and scallops were cut using QuicKutz scalloped flower dies on my Cuttle-bug, with a hole punch for the smallest.

No comments: