Monday 30 November 2009

A quick BG Christmas card

Now that the bulk of my cards has been completed, I've got time to play with scraps and some Challenges. Well OK, maybe I haven't really got time - the newsletter still has to be composed after all - but I felt like spoiling myself!

I went on a Christmas card-making class at Laine's earlier this month. It was a Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses fest (papers and chipboard shapes) and I've loved working with the delicate blues, greens, pinks and burgundies. We got a bottle of Stickles and turquoise gems included in the price too, and there were a couple of teenaged girls on the course who THREW AWAY their unused ribbon and scraps - so I rescued those out of the bin too! We finished (nearly!) 6 cards at the class, had instructions for 2 more which I made, and I managed another 3 with the leftovers. I still had a small pile after all that, so I used them to make this week's Basic Grey Challenge. I like Tara G's sketches. Some designers' sketches seem to have hundreds of layers, and I end up with a card that is so front-heavy that it keeps falling over. But Tara's aren't like that - they're always so sensibly designed and satisfying to create. See what I mean?



And this is what I did with it. Stuck to it to the letter this time! It also qualifies for Week #31, Fab's sketch challenge.



Recipe:
Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses papers and chipboard shapes
Colorbox Merlot ink
Crystal Stickers by Mark Richards in teal
Stickles "Waterfall"
green card-stock scraps

2 comments:

nerllybird said...

LOL at you rummaging through the dustbin! Lovely card, Rosey, maybe I should buy some of that line...x

Heather said...

Rosey this is absolutely stunning - I love how you've used the Eskimo kisses paper and that little house is adorable as is that stunning sentiment. (All out of scraps - you scavenger you - you should see what I retrieve from bins - I have 5 metres of thick white cord that I don't think I'll ever use - unless I decide to hang myself lol).
hugs Heather xx