Saturday 11 September 2010

Scrap Whispers #76 - Blue

Hi! Did I mention that Leah from the Scrap Whispers DT has had her baby? He's a beautiful little boy called Jonathan, and after a tricky start, he's now doing really well. So in her (his!) honour, this weeks challenge is BLUE.

My page is a photo that I took when we first moved out to Perth, Western Australia, of the Swan River in the city centre. The skies here are SO blue, and the water seems to absorb that blueness. It made me think of C.V. Stanford's setting of the poem "The Blue Bird" by Mary E. Coleridge, which I learned many years ago and have loved ever since. I copied the poem out for this LO. It's the first time I have used a poem and a photo together - I really like it.


The photo didn't work very well. The background paper is by Creative Imaginations, and scraps including SEI, Ecology and Making Memories. The ribbons and lace came from my stash, and the flourishes from Castro Crafts. The lettering is Basic Grey, and I've used copper and brick Stickles.

Now it's over to you. Come and play!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I really love this one, love all the layers and hints of sparkle!