Thursday 1 October 2009

2 more earthquakes & cards

Scarily enough, today there were 2 more quakes in Sumatra - just a hundred miles from yesterday's quakes and on the land this time, so more damage, more lives lost. The first was magnitude 6.8 and had our TV wobbling, and half an hour later I saw on the USGS web site that there had been another one of 5.0. I didn't actually feel that one, but I was still dizzy from the first one so maybe I was feeling it without realising. I'm still feeling dizzy with it all now, not only because the floor keeps waving around, but also with sympathy for the people of Indonesia who are being hit so hard.

I did 2 more Christmas cards this afternoon after the earthquake drama had subsided. This one is the second card in Fab's Challenge (I've missed the deadline, but never mind - it's another card done) to use the same materials to make another card. I have enough left to make quite a few more, and I will because I'm loving all this green! Can you tell it's my favourite colour? Have you noticed I like owls? ;-)

I'm just looking at the photo now and I've decided it needs some Diamond Stickles. I'll add that later.
Recipe:
Paper - BG as yesterday
Stamps - Hero Arts (owl) and Studio G (snowflakes and greeting)
Ink - Versafine Black and Artnic Green Tea
Copic markers, white gel pen

This one uses some of the same materials. It's for the current challenge from Truly Scrumptious, which is to follow their sketch and to include some doodling. I've doodled with the Lime Stickles - no easy task, I might add! So simple, but I love it.

Recipe:
Papers: BG, Cloud9Design Max's Backyard Collection (the stripes) and a scrap.
Stamp: Inkadinkado (earth bauble), Studio G (greeting)
Ink: Artnic Green Tea, Dew Drop Platinum
And of course the Lime Stickles

7 comments:

Fab said...

Love your cards !!! Big owl and birds fan so they're lovely ! You're not too late the challenge is up to next Monday when I will announce the blog candy winner. X Fab

Heather said...

We really must meet up one day - Green - one of my favourite colours and owls - love them. I collected them (had to stop - no more room for any more). I have them in wood, crystal, silver, ceramic, clay, from Canada, Israel, Canary isles etc. but my favourite is probably the smallest one from Keyna in malachite - yes green.
Love these two cards , but obviously the favourite one is the owl one - it's just stunning.
Hope things have settled there now - now more quakes or tremors. I was in Sri Lanka a couple of years ago and the devastation left by the tsunami was heart breaking.
Nearly forgot - thanks for playing along with us at TS.
hugs Heather xx
(catch up soon)

Kelly said...

Love your cards too! Still on the Owls then? LOL
That green is gorgeous... my fave colour too.
I really feel for all those people who are affected by the Earthquakes.
Praying you will stay safe!
xx

Sharon said...

These are both lovely. Your stickles swirls are fantastic! Thanks for joining in our Truly Scrumptious challenge.

Dawn said...

Beautiful card - love the sparkly swirls..
It must be so scarey those earthquakes being so close, we have seen it on the news here and it's terrible - so sad for all those people..

thanks for joining us on TS

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Great cards, love the images.
Glad to hear you are safe, the earthquakes are terrible.
Barbara

Sue said...

two lovely cards luv the owl he is so cute, glad you are safe, seen the damage on tv the earthquakes do just awful,sue.x