Thursday 15 October 2009

Willow and die cuts

I've been on a roll! Before I started the cleaning, cooking, packing, panicking, making lists etc., I decided I could schedule in half a day's crafting. I managed a LO and the Basic Grey card, and another one for this week's Whiff of Joy challenge, which is to use a die cut as well as a WoJ image.

This one is Willow with hot chocolate. I stamped and coloured her when I was still practising with the Copics and playing with colours and shading. I chose colours for her that I wear myself. It didn't even occur to me that I had NO orange paper whatsoever! I spent a long time choosing paper, and ended up using both sides of this Scenic Route design. The orange thought bubbles were cut using my QuicKutz nested scalloped flowers, a nested circle, and a hole puncher. I had a brain-wave and coloured them orange using the same Copic marker I used for Willow's jumper. Why I didn't think of that before, I don't know!


1 comment:

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous card, love the image you've used. Hugs Michele x