Monday 1 February 2010

Another commission

We're going back to the UK tomorrow for a couple of weeks, so apart from a couple of scheduled posts, things are going to get a bit quiet around here. "Phew! A bit of blog peace" I hear you thinking ;-)

I'm taking some birthday cards back for my Mum to give to various relatives. That has been a challenge in itself, as I have to consider bright colours (yes) and sharp edges (no) for those whose sight is failing, as well as the tastes and fashions of youngsters and the middle-aged alike - not to mention those awkward men.

I think this is a safe one for my Mum to give to her aunt. It's Whiff of Joy's Shy Willow, coloured with Copics, inked with Artnic green tea, with Prima flowers, American Crafts brads, $2 store ribbon and scraps. I just did this one for this week's Whiff of Joy sketch challenge:

I turned the sketch clockwise to fit my portrait stamp, and simplified it a little.

I absolutely love this flowered paper, and if I could find some more I would buy like a shot. Well I'd get DH to get it for me to use after my no-buy challenge! Incidentally, I'm really cracking on with that. One month into it, and this is card number 19 out of 20! And I've done 10 out of my 25 LOs and number 11 is laid out on the table as I type. February won't be as productive with our fortnight's holiday (translation for the US peeps: that means "two weeks' vacation" ;-) ) but I'll be taking piles of photos for scrapping fodder for when I get back.

Have a wonderful two weeks everyone, and I can't wait to be back with you all again soon!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Such a pretty card. Enjoy your trip to the UK Thanks for joining us at WOJ this week!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~