Sunday 31 January 2010

Scrap Whispers Challenge - Flower Power

This week's challenge #54 over at Scrap Whispers is Flower Power - the more flowers you use, the better. Now that was a fun one, but not as easy as I expected.

I'm the kind of person who you can take for a day out with a bunch of friends, and my photos will be of the views, flowers, trees, insects and other wild-life. I might get a few of my friends if I remember! That doesn't always make for good scrapping subject matter at the end of the day.

This is a typical example. We'd given my Mum a camera for her birthday. Her eye-sight is getting to the "there's nothing the matter with my eyes, it's just that my arms aren't long enough" stage, and she has arthritis in her fingers and can't always tell whether she's pressed the button or not. So mobile 'phones and remote controls are a bit of a nightmare. But this camera was a new touch-screen one, and she got on famously with it.

We took it with us when we went for a quick blow up at Polesden Lacey (and it WAS a blow - the wind was very parky indeed) and had a quick training session. Her delight at getting lovely shots so easily was infectious. When we got home, she went round the garden and took some more pictures, and after tea we plugged the SD card into their TV and had a slide-show in super-sized full colour. She kept saying "that's a good one - did I take that?" Hehee!


The flowers are mostly Flora Doodles by Petaloo with some Prima and EK Success as well as flower buttons from Spotlight. The lettering is Thickers, Rebecca Sower and American Crafts. The journalling stamp is from Kaiser-craft, cut with a QuicKutz flower die on my Cuttlebug.

I'm sure you'll find this easy peasy. Go on, have a flower-fest!

No comments: