* 1-1/2 cups ghee or butter
* 1-3/4 cups blackstrap molasses
* 4 eggs
* 3 cups rye flour
* 2 cups rice flour or oat flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 tablespoons hot water
* 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
* 1 9oz. package dark chocolate chips
How to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
2. If using butter, beat it in a large bowl until soft.
3. Add molasses gradually to the butter or ghee, beating in.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
5. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to the moist mixture.
6. In another bowl, blend the flours and salt together.
7. Gradually add flour mixture to moist mixture, beating until well mixed.
8. Stir in chocolate chips (add nuts if desired).
9. Use a heaping tablespoon of dough for each cookie, and place on non-stick cookie sheet.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
11. Let cool before removing.
12. Makes about 60 cookies, which freeze beautifully.
This has been adapted from the recipe on the Blood Type Diet website www.dadamo.com. Measurements are in US cups. Delicious!