Monday 6 July 2009

One of a kind

The Scrap Whispers Challenge for the past week was to produce a lay-out with the title One of a Kind. There were no other rules. One of the Challenges on ScrapJazz was to use polka dots on a summer lay-out. I combined both of them to make this:


It was kind of cheating even more, because this was the LO that I did at the SDUM course last week! Oh well, I don't think I've broken any rules, and this year is all about being frugal so I'm sticking to my guns.

This was a really fun page to make. I used lots of things I've never tried before: my new S$2 leaf punch from Daiso, a length of knitting fibre given to me by L, some grommets, felt, and a library card pocket from 7 Gypsies. The photos are from our family trip to Kuching in May - you may have recognised them. The Rafflesia is definitely one of a kind.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

This page is gorgeous! You did such a wonderful job with it.

Kelly said...

Love this page. Actually, when I saw the title I wondered if you would scrap the photo of the flower as your subject! Love how you used the fibre.