Thursday 16 July 2009

A shaped card

Remember how I bought that cutting file when I said I never would? Well here's why I was so beguiled by it. For the US$4 I got the envelope shape, the envelope insert, the card shape and the shape to stick on the card. I think that's good value.

For this card I didn't use the envelope insert, because I was using patterned paper anyway. I bought this paper a while ago for a different project, and I realised that I was never going to use it for its original purpose. My challenge to myself was to use the paper which didn't coordinate with anything else, and make it go with my other items without buying anything new - apart from the cutting file! Unexpectedly, I really like the result.

I made a batch from this challenge, all slightly different, with different papers. This is the only one I've sent, so now I can share it with you.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

that is just so pretty! Well worth the $ I would say.
kel x