Saturday 18 July 2009

You're out of this world

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... I went on a day course at Laine's. Along the way they gave out little prizes, and one that I won was a little gel-à-tins™ acrylic stamp set. They come in a tin for storage - really cute! This one was an alien, a space-ship and the sentiment "you're out of this world". At the time, I wondered how on earth I was going to use it, because it is so very "small boy" and I'm so NOT!

Time warp to a few weeks ago, and I was surfing cyberspace and I came across some ideas. These formed into other ideas, and transmuted into bits of chopped up card all over my desk and the floor. The addition of some silver insulation from the inside of a chocolates bag, and some glow-in-the-dark fabric paint which DH thoughtfully bought me for my birthday last year and... the space-ship was born.

In three different mutations, this has gone out in birthday form to

A godson:


A nephew (OK make that THE nephew - the Monsters vs Aliens fan, and I'll give you one guess which one he is!) This is just one card but different views. Obviously!


A friend as a thank you, and L asked for one to send to her brother-in-law. These were the same:


And then, finally, I found a way to girlify the design! Here are two more thank yous to two special Aussie Jazzers:


And one has been "card-lifted" into an even better form. Have a look here.

All in all, for a prize that I had no idea how to use, this has done me proud!

1 comment:

Georgina said...

Thats one totally out of this world card Rosey - where on earth (!) did you manage to conjure up that idea?! It looks fantastic!