Wednesday 10 June 2009

Wedding card

My cousin and his fiancee are in Las Vegas getting married this week. When they get back, they will be having a wedding party for family and friends. It's unlikely that we will be able to go unfortunately (although there's always a chance) so we'll have to hear all about it from Mum and my brother. Well, Mum anyway!

I really wasn't sure what to do about their wedding card. They're not "pink'n'lacy" people at all. He's a charmer; academic and about as practical as a chocolate teapot, bless him. She's very sporty; not a girlie-girl one bit. I suspect that this is one reason why they're not having the traditional white wedding - I can't see him organising anything so elaborate, and I can't see her dressed up like a meringue. The wedding party is a glorified fish and chip supper!

But I did want them to have a wedding cake, as they probably won't be having a fancy one in real life. And I wanted to use the Silhouette - of course. And my Cuttlebug embossing folders. It was going to be red flowers but my red ink was "a bit bright" (family joke at my cousin's expense! LOL) And then it just went from bad to worse, and I'm afraid they've ended up with a girlie pink, flowery, sparkly card... It's actually very pretty and I hope they forgive me.

1 comment:

umama said...

Love the card!