Wednesday 11 May 2011

80th in white

Next week is the 80th birthday of one of our choir members. We have no practise as the choir director and her sister, the treasurer, are going to the wedding of their sister - who must be in her 70s, which is all rather sweet. So we're having Jean's birthday a week early, and I was asked to make the card from us all.

I thought it tied in rather nicely with Less Is More's classic challenge of "white on white". Now I'm rubbish at taking pictures of white, but I think you get the general idea. I've used my Cuttlebug's music embossing folder with Silhouette-cut numbers and punched butterflies which are also embossed. With hindsight I won't do that again, but I've just about got away with it. A few dots of Stickles Star Dust to give it that magical touch, and it's done. I'm hoping for a few oohs and aahs tomorrow. ;-)

14 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Ooh I love this very clever card and I"m sure the recipient will too beautifully embossed and designed.

Marie

Chrissie said...

This is great Squirrel, I'm sure the choir members will be delighted.
The whole thing looks fab!
Thanks so much for joining us again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done.
Maureen.......x

Kathyk said...

FAB card - love the embossing of the card and butterfly

Kathyk

Seafield Jo said...

That is such a lovely card, what a clever idea. Jo

Georgina said...

This looks really effective! I love it. The 3D quality will definately have them oohing and ahhing for sure.

Suze Bain said...

This is really lovely. Love the embossing folder, perfect for a choir member. x

Squirrel x said...

Oh mate, this is just beautiful! I knocked up a v quick w-on-w card tonight - it's pants, but I'll post it tomorrow anyway, at least it'll give someone a laugh! Hugs Sxx

Zoechaos said...

Doubtless you'll get oohs and aahs when everyone sees this stylish thoughtful card. XOXO Zoe

Margaret said...

Lovely card. I agree about the butterflies try just adding some pearls down the centres of them next time.
Hugs
Margaret

Maureen said...

I think your friend will just love this card!!!

Carol said...

Fab card and design. Carol x

Tamara said...

Rosey, that card is just beautiful!

Dr Sonia S V said...

How beautiful this looks
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com