Saturday 30 January 2010

Flowers for the blind

This card is for my Mum to give to my great aunt, who will be 103 this year. I can't even imagine being 103! She has as much spirit now as she ever has, but her eye-sight is failing, so this card is bright with contrast and full of texture.

The challenge at Cute Card Thursday this week is, conveniently, flowers, and Sketch Saturday has provided this sketch, which I turned clockwise:


This is what I've done with it:


It's all card-stock. The blues are from Heidi Grace and the flower is DCWV. The brad and the ribbon are from Daiso, our Japanese $2 shop, and I punched the corners and the centre flower with EK Success punches. The border punch is from Martha Stewart.

1 comment:

Deb said...

fantastic card, love your flower, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, have a great weekend, hugs Debx