Wednesday 6 January 2010

New Year resolutions

In recent years I have decided not to make any New Year's resolutions, because I always seem to make unachievable ones, break them and think "bother it, sha'n't do it then". This year I'm going to set doable targets, and keep tabs on them right at the bottom of this blog to keep me motivated and encouraged. That's a good resolution to start with, isn't it? :-)

So, here are this year's resolutions:
- to be silly more, and have more fun
- to TRY not to let the inevitable stresses of moving to another country make me a pain in anyone's behind

And my crafting ones:
- a spending freeze. No buying of crafting supplies until I've completed 25 LOs. (I could probably do more, but I said "achievable", didn't I? ;-) )
- to make all my Christmas cards for 2010, without buying any fresh Christmas supplies. I've already bought a pile of clearance Christmas papers in the sales, so I'm set up!
My spending freeze excludes white card, envelopes and adhesive.


What do you reckon? Think I'll be able to stick to it?

As I found it so useful (but a bit late!) last year, I'm again using Fab's Big Christmas Cards Challenge blog site to keep me motivated. I already have about 20 cards spare from 2009, so if I complete all of Fab's challenges, I will be well on target for this year. I do LOVE being in credit, even if it's only in the planning! I did wonder whether thinking about Christmas all year round might take away from the magic of it when it actually comes, but I'll try it this year and see how I feel.

So yesterday I took down our Christmas decorations, undressed the tree, and while I was still in the mood (sort of!) I made my first Christmas card of 2010. The instructions were to make a tall card with frosty colours.



This is a no-buy card, right? So it was scraps all the way from a couple of magazines that I bought in the UK last year, plus:
- new Cuttlebug Christmas tree embossing folder and an old emery board to sand it
- EK Success square punch for the presents
- some Stampin' Up! silver cord (thanks Jessica!)
- a purple snowflake from my stash
- American Crafts white glitter mini brads
- the essential Stickles (star dust)
- Encore silver ink
- silver pen

3 comments:

Fab said...

Oh that's gorgeous ! Very elegant card, thanks for joining in the fun with my Christmas Challenge, XXXX Fab

bianca said...

that is fantastic sorry im so nosey u added a comment at scrapjazz i saw this card loved it!

Amo said...

Have lots of bits - particularly ribbon for you to add to your card making pack and that will help you keep the New Year resolution too!!!!