Monday 25 January 2010

Gold mat with sentiment

Fab's week #3 challenge is to use a gold mat and a sentiment. No problem. I think I cleaned the LSS clearance section out of gold paper in their Christmas sales - and I'm SO glad I did. It has come in very useful, not only for cards.

Quixotic Challenges merely want us to ink up an old stamp. Well this sentiment stamp was amongst the first acrylic stamps I ever bought. 6 months later when I finally cracked the pack open, I discovered that they had congealed themselves to the backing plastic. Grr. I had to cut the plastic around the stamp and have been using them by sticking the backing to the acrylic block using repositionable adhesive. It's a pain, but it works. Mostly. So "old" is about right for these.

Our Creative Corner has a lovely simple sketch for us to use this week:



And as usual I've mucked about with it, but my version is recognisable.



The papers are from Heidi Grace and EK Success. The image is yet another from edupics coloured as usual with my Copics, which I also used to tint the felt snowflake from Paperchase. The brad is from American Crafts, and if I had kept the packaging from the melted stamps I'd be able to tell you where that came from too, but it went in the bin and the stamps almost followed. Luckily I'm a frugal soul and rescued them as best I could.

6 comments:

Fab said...

Oh lovely snowman ....very cute ! Love this card. X Fab

Heather said...

Gorgeous Rosie, love the colours, love brown with any pastel. Cute image and I love the Peace sentiment it's fabulous.
Have left you something on my blot.
hugs Heather xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Great take on the OCC sketch. I love that DP and the pretty pastel coloring. So happy you could have fun with us for this challenge!

Unknown said...

Your card is FANTASTIC! Great job on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

MarkerGeek said...

This is fab!!

Thanks for joining in with us at Quixotic Challenges!

Tam said...

You make great cards Rosey!
That peace stamp is from Inkadinkado. :)