Monday 18 January 2010

Shabby chic

I tried to cover several challenges at once with this pretty card, which is for my Mum to give to her cousin's teenage daughter. It should be good for Colour Create's challenge of using kraft, blue and white, with the option of texture, which there is plenty of! It was my first attempt at shabby chic for the Simon Says challenge, also Whiff of Joy's sketch which I flipped to fit my image.


And here it is!


I used 7 Gypsies papers, and the image is Willow from Whiff of Joy coloured with Copics - I really got into mixing colours for this! No distressing tool for me - I used an old emery board which worked perfectly (although my thumb-nail is definitely distressed too) and Versafine sepia ink. The stamp is one of the Floral Flourishes from Upsy Daisy Designs which I haven't used before, so that counts as my something new, and therefore I can enter it into the Charisma Cardz challenge as well! The lace is a scrap from my stash that I've had for years. Hopefully my Mum will think it fit to send to her young cousin.

11 comments:

Jane said...

It's gorgeous! love the lace and the colours and details are gorgeous! thanks for joining us at WOJ, hugs, Jane xx

Leanne said...

Stunning card!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

cats whiskers said...

What a stunning card fabulous colourng of the WOJ image love the lace and great take on the sketch thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Bubbles said...

Fabulous card, I to love the lace! Thanks for joining us at Charisma.
Joanne x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) The image is lovely and the papers and embellies are fab , I love the lace ,,, perfect finishing touch ! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT call :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

please consider turning off word verification :-) x

Sally said...

Lovely card. I love the soft colors. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Victoria said...

Beautiful card. I use an emery board for distressing too! Thanks for joining us at WOJ this week!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Bev said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card!! I love your choice of beautiful papers and wonderful details x

Tasha said...

Such a beautiful card, fabulous colours and paper
thank you for joining us at Chrisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Di said...

Fabulous card i love how you have used the difficult sketch! great colouring!
Thanks for joining Colour Create

Hugs Di x

Mina said...

stunning...I love the 7gypsies paper...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx