Sunday 31 January 2010

White on white

Now here's a good challenge: white-on-white from Charisma Cardz. For me the challenge wasn't so much making a beautiful white card, as photographing the wretched thing. Have you ever tried taking a monochrome photo? I don't think I had either until earlier today. My goodness!

Anyway, this is a card for a friend who is expecting a baby. I don't know whether it's a boy or a girl yet, so Colour Create's lovely idea of using soft pink, soft blue, white and silver was just right for this. Charisma Cardz's white-on-white also allowed colour on the image and sentiment - perfect. Add it to the new baby challenge at Simon Says and this sketch from Truly Scrumptious, (with stitching) and I'm chuckling with satisfaction.


And my card? Please forgive the photo. I ended up using DH's fancy new camera with the latest lens and a whole pile of white balance settings to play with. It's better than my trusty camera, and I still think it looks rubbish.


It's plain white card from the office stationer's. I had a field day with my Cuttlebug embossing folders: swiss dots, paisley and the pram-on-a-stamp that came with the machine. I inked the edges with silver Encore ink, coloured in the pram with my Copics and a silver pen. The balloon brads started life as gold and blue, and I heat embossed them silver, and tied them (that was fiddly) using Stampin' Up! silver elastic cord to the pram handle with a brad. The "stitching" was done using my paper piercer and a silver gel pen. The butterflies came from my stash.

10 comments:

Allison said...

that is sooo pretty and I know what you mean about trying to take a white cards photo!!
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Unknown said...

A very beautiful card, the embossing is lovely too. Thanks for joining us at TS,
Angela x

Kelly said...

This is gorgeous Rosey! Love the embossing. Fab!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, I love the balloons and gorgeous embossing

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week & best of luck

Jan xx

Tasha said...

This is so beautiful, i love the butterflies
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Heather said...

Hi Rosey gorgeous card, so pretty and elegant at the same time. Beautiful embossing and stitchig, love your take on Nicole's sketch.
Thanks for playing along with us at CC and TS,
hugs Heather xx

Joey said...

Hi

your card is beautiful, all the embossing looks so effective. I know exactly what you mean about taking piccys atm

Joey.x

Sally said...

Lovely card. The balloons & butterflies are the perfect embellishment.

Kelly said...

love the baby card for the white challenge at charisma this week! don't know why you worried about the photog, it looks fabby!

Chris said...

Such a beautiful card and your embossing looks amazing! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create. Chris :)