Monday 11 January 2010

Whiff of Joy thank you card

After Christmas is over, my card box runs out of thank you cards very quickly. This time of year is an excellent time to stock up, especially with all those delicious sketches and ideas out there.

This week's challenge over at Whiff of Joy is to create a card using aqua and red together, and of course, a Whiff of Joy stamp. I have exactly 3 of these, and they've been getting a bit of a bashing recently, but with my no-buy challenge I'm not buying any more until we get to Australia, so they'll have to be used imaginatively. Hmmm.... can you hear my brain ticking over here? I wonder whether they allow mix-and-match stamps in their challenges? Well we might have to find out - I hope I don't get disqualified!

Well I haven't gone that far for this card. Here's Lizzie again:


Ingredients:
- Lizzie stamp from Whiff of Joy
- coloured with Copics and Distress Stickles in "brick"
- DCWV red paper
- all other papers by My Mind's Eye
- Dew Drop black chalk ink
- sentiment sticker from Rebecca Sower
- 7 Gypsies white brads
- flower and leaf punches from Daiso
- red tie from Paperchase
- blue rik-rak from Georgina

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You did a fab job on this! I've been umming and ahhing all week. I've got the same image all coloured up and ready to go (Thank you for that image!!) Time to get creating. Thanks for the inspiration. x

Bev said...

What a beautiful card, such pretty papers and colours. Thanks so much for joining us at WOJ this week x

Donalda said...

Love your card dear, thanks so much for joining us this week at WOJ