Thursday 21 January 2010

Mixing and matching

Today I've been working on multiple challenges, and creating cards which span various different ones. I've already got myself into a muddle with which ones were for which challenge, so I'd better get this right!

Whiff of Joy's  challenge for this week is to use a Whiff of Joy stamp, and to choose a "recipe". I decided on 3 patterned papers, 2 pieces of bling and 1 flower. They also have a Design Team call on, so I'm crossing my fingers that this is good enough. Our Creative Corner challenges us to put blue and green together. And Friday Sketchers produced this sketch, which I turned clockwise.



 I put the three together to make this card.



This is Whiff of Joy's Willow with Hot Chocolate coloured with Copics. The papers are scraps from Bella Boulevard, My Mind's Eye and KI. The flowers are Prima inked with Copics, 7 Gypsies brad, gems from Me and My Big Ideas.

I loved the first card so much that I made the next one using the same colours. Then I got all carried away clearing out my green and blue scraps, and ended up in punch heaven surrounded by about a zillion different shades of green leaves. And THEN, I had enough to use on yet another card, so I made two almost the same. I hope I'm allowed to enter them both into the challenges.

Deep breath... Simon Says Stamp Challenge wants us to get out our punches. So does Creative Card Crew. No problem there. Sketch Saturday's gorgeous sketch is this:



 And combined with OCC's colour scheme, here are my creations.




The paper scraps include the same bits, and both images are from Squiggle stamps coloured with Copics. The biggest flower punch is EK Success and the 2 smaller ones and the leaf are from Daiso. The brads are American Crafts, the sentiment stamp from my stash and scalloped flower from QuicKutz cut with my Cuttlebug.

Phew! Well I absolutely love these, but I can't help wondering whether I've forgotten something.....?

5 comments:

Donalda said...

Love your cards dear such beautiful papers and beautiful colored. Thanks for joining us at WOJ

Unknown said...

wow your card looks so fabulous and really wonderful.
thank you for your participation in the friday sketchers challenge.
hugs, bea

Timcso said...

Very cute card! Love the image and the colours combaination!

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

Hugs, Tímea

Bev said...

Such a gorgeous card!! I love your choice of beautiful papers and wonderful details. Thanks for joining us this week x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous cute cards and fabulous punch work. Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge this time
Pauline x